St. John's Parish Church, Keswick

This organ is an example of Harrison & Harrison's small instruments at their very best. It was built in 1912 with tubular pneumatic action throughout, and is renowned for its astonishing versatility and character. The Large Open is rather too robust for Bach, but the whole specification is ideally suited to the late 19th century French repertoire. The building has a rich acoustic that adds warmth without detracting from clarity.

Specification

Pedal Great
Open Wood
Sub Bass
Violincello
Great to Pedal
Swell to Pedal
16
16
8
Bourdon
Large Open Diapason
Small Open Diapason
Claribel Flute
Octave
Super Octave
Swell to Great
16
8
8
8
4
2
Swell
Violin Diapason
Lieblich Gedeckt
Viola da Gamba
Voix Celestes
Wald Flote
Cornopean
Octave
8
8
8
4
8


The Console


The Case


Back to Organs Page