St. James' Church Organ, Whitehaven

This instrument was originally built by Flight & Robson of London in 1819, and rebuilt by Norman & Beard in 1909 to a design of Lt. Col. George Dixon. It has three manuals, the Bombarde division being floating. It was fully restored in 2011 by Mander Organs.

St.James Whitehaven

Specification

Pedal Great
Open Wood
Sub Bass
Octave Wood
Flute
Trombone

Swell to Pedal
Great to Pedal
Orchestral to Pedal
Bombarde to Pedal
16
16
8
8
16
Rohr Bordon
Open Diapason
Geigen
Claribel Flute
Principal
Twelfth
Fifteenth

Swell to Great
Orchestral to Great
Bombarde to Great
16
8
8
8
4
2 2/3
2
Swell Orchestral
Horn Diapason
Lieblich Gedeckt
Echo Gamba
Gemshorn
Mixture 15,19,22
Corno di Bassetto
Trumpet

Octave
Suboctave
Unison Off
8
8
8
4
III
16
8
Hohl Flute
Viole d'Orchestre
Viole Celeste
Concert Flute
Oboe

Octave
Swell to Orchestral
Bombarde to Orchestral
8
8
8
4
8
Bombarde
Harmonic Tromba
Octave Tromba
8
4

Back to Organs Page